Petition Adapt the teacher training syllabus to include Transformational Coaching and Emotional Intelligence
A survey has found that up to 33.6% of teachers have said they planned to leave the profession. Adding the proposed subjects to the syllabus will give teachers a new skill-set to support with current pressures & also enable our next generation of children to develop resilience & to better understand their emotions. Neuroscience is evolving & evidence points to a much needed change. This will firmly impact the mental health of our next generation of children & Educators.
A lack of education towards our own internal systems & thought processes, is causing a rise in poor mental health. As times change, we must adapt. As an Ex Teacher, I understand the pressures that the system is under. Learning the strong skills of emotional intelligence, the soft skills of ‘Language Alchemy’ & transformational coaching will not only equip the teachers to manage the stressors of the role, but also support building mental fortitude. They can then pass these tools on to pupils, creating a new culture of self-awareness.
They will understand:
* The impact of language on the body & the deep-rooted questioning techniques that will allow them to self-coach through pressures & also teach our children how to self-coach
* Clearing negative language loops
* Understanding the components of our habits
* Reframe their internal dialogue: to become strategic with their thought patterns & release negative emotions
* Coach others during pivotal moments & downward spirals: in a calm manner.
The Petitions Committee will consider this petition
All petitions with more than 50 signatures will be discussed by the Petitions Committee after they have finished collecting signatures
At 10,000 signatures...
Petitions with more than 10,000 signatures will be considered for a debate in the Senedd