The Senedd Election was held on 6 May 2021.
The petitions process will reopen shortly and petitions will be considered once a new committee has been established.
Find out about the 2021 Senedd Election
Completed petition Re-open garden centres in Wales as soon as it is possible
Re-open garden centres in Wales as soon as it is possible:
- Gardening keeps people at home
- Gardening brings significant mental and physical benefits
- Garden centres are large, airy spaces with excellent safety measures in place
- The plant supply chain cannot be switched off and on. In many cases plants go to waste if they cannot reach garden centres
- Online, click and collect and home deliveries are not the answer. They are particularly difficult for independent garden centres
This petition was considered by the Petitions Committee
Find out about the Petitions Committee’s discussion of this petition
The Petitions Committee decided not to refer this petition for a debate
The Committee considered the petition on 16 March 2021 and noted the number of signatures collected. It decided not to refer the petition for a debate in light of the announcement by the Welsh Government that garden centres would be able to reopen from 22 March.