Closed petition The Senedd should scrutinise the prepayment meter scandal in Wales
We call on the Senedd to undertake an inquiry into the prepayment meter scandal.
Over the last two months evidence has emerged that thousands of people have been switched to prepay meters without the required checks as to whether they are vulnerable.
We at Climate Cymru and other campaigners have been exposing this scandal.
Please see links to stories by campaigning journalists like Dean Kirby at the i Newspaper.
- Forced installations of prepayment meters to stop as courts ordered to end issuing warrants (inews.co.uk)
- Prepayment meters must be removed for vulnerable families as compensation is not enough, Grant Schapps told (msn.com)
- i morning briefing: How the prepayment meter scandal was uncovered, and forced change (msn.com)
- Prepayment meters: Grant Schapps gives energy firms until Tuesday to consider compensation (inews.co.uk)
- Prepayment meter investigation - inews.co.uk
This petition is now under consideration by the Petitions Committee
Petitions that collect more than 250 signatures are discussed by the Petitions Committee
Find out about the Petitions Committee’s discussion of this petition